Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back To Work

Time's up.... for Michelle's maternity leave :( I had to go back to work this week - something I've been dreading, especially in the past few weeks! It was so tough to leave my babies & just felt completely wrong! I cried on the way to work and couldn't wait to pick them up at the end of the day, but the next day did get a little easier and I know I'll get through it. I'm trying to focus on the positive things... My parents are watching the kids for us at their home, so I don't have to worry about the care they receive. I'm also really lucky to be able to work Wed/Thurs/Fri then stay home with Casen & Collins Mon/Tues. We were especially lucky this week to have Bryan's mom ("Nana") come visit. She helped watch the babies during the day, got up for the nighttime feedings so I could get more sleep, & made up a bunch of meals for us to freeze. Thanks Nana - you're the best!! Casen & Collins are 2 months old!
We decided to see if the twins could sleep a little longer at night this weekend. We hoped they would be able to make it 5 hours instead of our usual 4 hour schedule. They ended up stretching longer than 6 hours the first night! We are loving the extra sleep at night & hope it continues!


My college roommates came to visit this weekend & see the babies. It was so fun to see them & they were so sweet to bring/make us meals & help feed the babies. Our kids are so loved... we are very blessed!

Karen feeding Casen.
Karen & Collins.
Karen holding Case & Collins.
Laura holding Collins.
Laura holding Case & Collins. Laura is expecting her own little blessing... due in July!

Laura embroidered some adorable bibs & burpies for the twins - we especially love these two:


Karen gave the twins this fabulous diaper bag & cute stuffed elephants - handmade by her mom-in-law. Thanks Karen & Lois... we love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment