Friday, January 7, 2011

January 7th

Casen weighs 3 pounds 15 ounces today. He almost weighs enough for them to consider putting him back in an open-air crib, but they're still monitoring his temperature control closely. He had another good feeding session today, but continues to have trouble with bottle feeds. I'm hoping they start allowing us to practice with him more than twice a day.
Collins stayed with us for the first time last night. She did very well - just a bit fussy several times throughout the night. Tonight we'll have to make sure we top off her tank before bedtime - she's a little piglet!
Having the twins has of course changed our lives in BIG ways! Bryan & I were talking the other day about what has most surprised us in this whole baby journey. I think we both expected that having the twins would easily distract us from one another. Their schedule is strict & exhausting - it would be easy to forget our relationship in this whole experience. But surprisingly & thankfully it has only brought us closer together. We are now partners in an entirely different way, & it's tremendously rewarding to see how well we do this parenting thing together!
I'm blessed to have a supportive husband. He helps with feedings & pumpings; he sterilizes my pump attachments, he takes videos of the twins' first baths even though their red-faced screams make him want to cringe. He sympathizes with my protective mommy instincts & allows me to push myself too much on occassion. Because of all these things, he's probably the only person I'll listen to when I really do need to sleep; & then he's the one who will go feed Casen so I can stay at the house to rest. We are blessed in so many ways, but largely because we have each other. Parenthood wouldn't be near as much fun if we weren't doing this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment